High value care
- “Getting to better value in US healthcare: Perspectives from high-value providers” forum summary white paper (2019)
- Variability in asthma quality and costs in children with different Medicaid insurance plans in Maricopa County. J Asthma. Feb 16, 2018:1-8. doi: 10.1080/02770903.2018.1432644
- The Affordable Care Act: A case study for understanding and applying complexity concepts to health care reform. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 133–140, February 2016
- In search of higher value in medicine in Japan and the U.S. (2015)
- “The times they are a-chaging” forum summary white paper (2015)
- “High value healthcare for all: Innovative approaches in the United States and the Netherlands.” in Breakthrough: From Innovation to Impact. Murray and Bilski (editors). Lunteren, Netherlands: The OWLS Foundation, 2014
- “A Roadmap to High-Value Healthcare Delivery.” MGMA Executive View, Summer 2014
- A Guide to Implementing High-Value Healthcare Delivery in Your Organization white paper (2014)
- Tipping Telemedicine Adoption forum summary white paper (2014)
- A Health Care Encounter of the 21st Century. JAMA, 2013; 310(18):1937-1938
- A Roadmap to High-Value Healthcare Delivery (2012)
- “What the Heck is Value-Based Healthcare Anyway?” MGMA Executive View, Spring 2012
- Engineering the System of Healthcare Delivery. Rouse and Cortese (editors). Amsterdam, Netherlands: IOS Press, 2010
Pay for value
- Making Bundled Payments Work: Leveraging the CMS DRG Experience. NEJM Catalyst, May 10, 2018
- Paying for value: Perspective from the front lines. Health Affairs Blog, May 24, 2016
- “Taking the leap to make bundled payments work.” MGMA Executive View, Summer 2015
- The first step to value-based healthcare. Learning Health System Commentary Series of the IOM Roundtable on Value & Science-Driven Health Care, September 2012.
- Medicare Physician Payment: Why It’s Still A Problem, And What To Do Now. Health Affairs Blog, January 27, 2017
- Reform Medicare by raising eligibility age. USA Today, October 23, 2013
- Medicare needs overhaul, not just tinkering, to stay viable. Orlando Sentinel, May 9, 2013.
- A Roadmap to Medicare Sustainability (2013).
- “A leadership prescription for healthcare.” in Breakthrough: From Innovation to Impact, Volume 2. H van den Breemen and R Low (editors). Geldermalsen, Netherlands: The OWLS Foundation, 2018
- Rescuing Healthcare: A Leadership Prescription to Make Healthcare What We All Want It to Be. by Antony Bell and Denis A. Cortese, MD. Morgan James Publishing, October 25, 2016.
- 5 success factors for physician-administrator partnerships. MGMA, September 24, 2015
- Teamwork in Health Care. Nursing Administration Quarterly, September 2014, Volume: 38 Number 3, page 198- 205
Health and aging
- Preparing for an Aging World: Engaging Biogerontologists, Geriatricians, and the Society. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci, 2016; 71(4):435-44
- A Roadmap to Better Health